So first, let me just preface by stating that I am the worst at “About Me” things. Want me to write about you? Not a problem. About your book? Bring it on. About me?
I need to wash my hair. Or…um…change my oil. Or fold laundry! There you go. I need to fold laundry. And I hate folding laundry.
But, at the urging of friends and family, I’ll write a little bit about me, and hope it suffices. So, let’s get to it.
I am married to Roger, and together we are the parents of five Norwegian-Irish offspring; one boy, four girls. My days are filled with My Little Pony, tea-parties, princess dress-up games, first-time crushes, puberty-induced emotions, band practice, homeschool, algebra homework, cartoons, laughter, chore lists, sibling rivalry and noise. Lots of noise.
Do you see now why this only child has her nose in a book every day?
I wouldn’t trade it for the world, by the way. But, I do enjoy Stacie-time as I’m able. At which time you will find me with my nose buried in my Bible, curled up on the couch with a book (or 3), outside enjoying nature or studying various eras of history.
- Ragnar Lodbrok and his son, Ivar the Boneless, are both on my Family Tree
- I am a pianist
- I loathe summer time
- I could read Lord of the Rings over and over and over and over…
- I grew up on the back of a horse
- I had to relearn how to walk after the birth of my youngest
- I could eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- I adore the books of Leviticus and Numbers
- I would rather go to the dentist than talk on the phone
- I will only drink coffee if it doesn’t actually taste like coffee
- I still say “rad”
There you go! A quick and to-the-point introduction. I would love to hear more about you! Leave me a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself ❤